Friday 26 April 2013

I Heart London, Part IV: The View from The Shard ...










Hella windy! Haha











Simply stunning if you ask me.
Chilling sky high at the end of the day!
Ended the day at TGI Fridays with COCKTAILS and dinner.
My strawberry daiquiri was joined by a mai tai. Ultimate style. 


My friend and I ended our busy day of travelling through the city of London with a trip to the The Shard. This new epic building, which opened earlier this year, is the tallest building in Western Europe. Costing £25 to check out the view of London, from two viewing platforms- it's not cheap, but it sure is amazing. We timed our trip right, with booking our tickets for 7pm to catch the sunset. It went quick- it must have been tired haha. But nonetheless, we managed to get some awesome pictures, though at this point, as you can imagine, the wall was chock-a-block. It was nice to see the sun set (doesn't beat seeing in it Jamaica at Rick's Cafe though-now that's a sunset to see!) and then to witness it getting darker and London becoming a city of lights- with the switching on of building lights and lampposts. It was cool to spot buildings in all their glory and the interactive, free, telescopes made the time up there educational, which is a plus! Definitely check it out if you're a tourist, or you like touristy things and you're from Ldn. Especially if you're from London and haven't been on the Eye, which I'm guilty of!

I decided to dress somewhat elegantly simple for The Shard. Wearing my black maxi skirt from Forever 21, USA and my black sheer leotard with velvet patterns on it from Primark. I went with my neon earrings, which have been buried in my jewelry case for far too long, to give the outfit a pop of color. These pictures are okkkkkaaaayyy, but not great, sorry. It was hella windy on the 72nd floor and honestly, the focus was more on getting cool shots of The View from The Shard. 

Have you been to The Shard? It's awesome right?

This marks the end of the 'I Heart London' series. I may do more along these lines, what do you think of the idea? Hope you enjoyed the outfit pictures and learning more about London. 
Comment! I'll love to read what you think! :D

Much love!

And a big thanks goes to Troy for spending the day with me and taking some awesome pictures! Check out his blog

Sx

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for checking out my blog, I appreciate your comments and look forward to reading them.

Sx