Tuesday 23 April 2013

I Heart London, Part III: Millennium Bridge ...






















Further down the Southbank, towards the Globe Theatre (go and catch a show there if you are a lover of Shakespeare) is the Millennium Bridge. Nicknamed the wobbly bridge due to it swaying on its opening day in 2000, the bridge brings out the modern landscape of the city, whilst being next to historic landscapes such as St Paul's Cathedral. Also next to the bridge is the Tate Modern. I have been there many times and enjoyed myself. Go there and check out the many galleries of art from modern and contemporary artists, most are free.

As you can tell, it's pretty windy up there. Regardless, it was fun taking pictures on the bridge with people walking past going about their business. This sweater I got from a boutique in San Francisco, sorry I can't remember the name, but it was in Haight-Ashbury, a dope area for independent stores and unique exterior houses. Check it out if you're in SF! It's warm and I brought it solely for the panels of fur on it. I haven't seen anything like it and it was love at first sight haha. I paired it with my Primark disco pants- a bargain at £7!! Happy days! You may remember, I wore them on my birthday here. These heels I also brought in the States- from Urban Outfitters, for *drumroll* $20!! You should have seen me when I picked them up and saw the discounted price- once again, another time where I didn't think twice! I love the wood detail of the base and heels, gives them edge. 

Stay tuned for the final part of this series of I Heart London- it's going to be EPIC! :D

Sx

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for checking out my blog, I appreciate your comments and look forward to reading them.

Sx