Friday 5 July 2013

The Netherlands- Day Two


Pants, Shirt, Caridgan, Bag- Primark
Flatforms- New Look
The second day of our trip to The Netherlands was spent in Den Haag. We visited the International Criminal Tribunal for the former Yugoslavia (ICTY) where we were given talks about the functions of the ICTY and briefly watched the KARADZIC trail (more on him later). The whole trip was an amazing opportunity that I could not pass up, as being an opportunist and an individual that is VERY VERY (have I emphasised that enough?!) passionate about international criminal law, seeing this trail gave me more hope in humanity and that justice has a chance of prevailing. I took pictures outside-for outfit purposes too- as visitors are not permitted to take pictures inside.



The ICTY

During our time at the ICTY we had the chance to have an audience with the really down to earth Peter Robinson and his interns. Mr Robinson is an amazing lawyer aiding Karadzic in his trail, even though Karadzic has chosen to defend himself. We were informed of his legal background and Karadzic's past, the current status of his trail, as well as what the whole process would entail. Mr Robinson is an incredibly humble and intelligent lawyer who didn't hold anything back- giving up his honest opinions and all in the Q&A!
Karadzic has been accused by the ICTY of genocide, crimes against humanity and violations of the laws and customs of war. For more information on Karadzic's trail, check out this link, where now he is demanding the dismissal of his case! Read up more about him you are interested in international criminal law like myself, he is a character! 

Upon writing this, I aimed to make the content quite brief, not to bore my lovely readers not interested in  law. But law is one of the many things I am passionate about- so I wanted to give it justice. No pun intended.
The only picture taken with Mr Peter Robinson (middle). Sorry, it's blurry. 
The whole gang!
Hope you enjoyed reading and liked my 'smart' look!

Sx



No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for checking out my blog, I appreciate your comments and look forward to reading them.

Sx