Saturday 14 June 2014

BUDAPEST 2014! Part Two.

Warning: pictures galore (again)!!
So here is Part 2 of my trip with the girls. These days were very chilled- we did a lot R and R- highly recommended!. Anyways, check out the pictures. As I'm making this post, I'm imagining myself back there- especially at the thermal baths in the sun. Ahhhhh take me back already!

DAY THREE.
This was our apartment block. Loved the architecture. 
Szechenyi thermal baths!
Such a great store idea! Loved the signage!
An upcycled bath outside a hostel!
Vintage!

Day three started with a trip to the Szechenyi thermal baths. Let me tell you, Butter and I did not want to leave! It was just so lush and we left there feeling a million dollars! Like seriously, it made you feel goooood! We were glowing afterwards! Szechenyi is the largest and most popular thermal baths in Europe. They do everything! We had a lot of fun in the baths, sauna and the pool that was freezing! So proud of myself, stayed in there for a good few minutes! Haha! If you go Budapest, you MUST go to Szechenyi. 
We then spent the rest of our last full day vintage shopping! Yay! Haha! I LOVE vintage shopping. Butter and I found some good finds. I loved walking the streets of Budapest- peaceful, clean and accompanied with amazing architecture. We also spotted an African and Caribbean restaurant! Looked yummy!
We ended the night first with a ride on Budapest's version of the London Eye-Óriáskerék! It was cool, we played music and obviously took loads of pictures as we went round 3 times. Budapest castle looked amazing at night. Finally, we ended up at Froccsterasz, which was a cool outdoor bar. We didn't have a 'crazy' one, but somehow we ended up getting home real late/early (however you want to see it haha).

DAY FOUR.
Last day selfie!! (Any excuse for a selfie!)
Be fearless! 
At the entrance of Chain Bridge.
Bye Budapest :(

Our last day in the beautiful land of Hungary was short and sweet. Our flight was in the afternoon, so we spent the day seeing the sights, like St. Stephen's Basilica and souvenirs shopping in an area near the start of the Chain Bridge. It was getting cloudy too- a sign that Budapest was sad that we were leaving? I'm taking it as that haha! We also went to the famous Cafe Gerbeaud. It was stunning. We didn't have much time, so we got macaroons to go! Ummm. I want some now! Haha! We ended up rushing to the airport, cutting the security line (with permission, obviously), to only discover our plane wasn't even there! Haha! Typical.

I had a fab holiday with my girls and definately reccommed Budapest as a hoilday destination. I met great people and saw awesome sights and did fun things. I'm truly blessed.

Outfit details:
Maxi dress- H&M                   Print dress- H&M                Top-Primark                        Bomber-Monsoon
Kimono-Primark                                                                 Fringe skirt- ASOS
Flower band- Primark

Have you been? Planning to go? Let me know!

Until next time,
Sx

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for checking out my blog, I appreciate your comments and look forward to reading them.

Sx