Wednesday 11 March 2015

Jardin Majorelle

Due to the demanding nature of my law school course, I have been unable to blog as often as I would like. I finished my exams a few weeks ago and results are gradually coming in! (best to date: 94/100- happy days!)...
...Anyways, during the break between terms (YES, I am back at law school again), it was my birthday (!!) and I was treated to a holiday in beautiful MOROCCO with my mama and sister. Travel posts are coming soon, but for now, enjoy this outfit post...  
These shots were taken at the absolutely stunning Jardin Majorelle in Marrakech.
A little bit of history for you: French designer Yves Saint Laurent and Pierre Berge brought the gardens in 1980 to prevent it form becoming a hotel complex.
Regarding the 'fit- I've had this jumpsuit for quite a while, such an easy to go to piece and really comfortable. I love khaki- such an easy to wear colour, tonal and works with whatever you throw with it!
I paired it with my new duster coat from ASOS. Yes, it was hot that day, but the duster is light and breezy so I was fine. Again, the colour is awesome. I don't own many garments this colour so when I saw it, I knew I had to have it- for the sake of mixing things up! Haha!
I borrowed my mum's hat as it had elements of both the jumpsuit and duster in it. Plus it was my shield from the sun!
Thanks to Souksy for gifting me with this stunning necklace. It was love at first sight- you guys know I'm a sucker for anything purple! 
As the day involved us walking all over Marrakech, I decided being comfortable was key! I LOVE LOVE LOVE my latest Roshe Runs (I am starting to build a collection!). These ones are super comfortable and I love the unique knit design they have.
Finally, my bag (really a case) of choice for the day was this unique piece by Gharani Strok, which I got in TK Maxx (now, who doesn't love TK Maxx?!!). I've had it for a while, just never had the occasion to use it. I love the design, structure and the contrast of its two colours.
Jumpsuit- Primark
Duster coat- ASOS
Hat- TK Maxx
Trainers- Nike
Bag- Gharani Strok
Earrings- a market in Kigali, Rwanda
Sunglasses- Primark

Have you been to the Jardin Majorelle? Such a beautiful place, right?!
Travel post coming soon!!

Until next time,
Sx

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for checking out my blog, I appreciate your comments and look forward to reading them.

Sx